Join us for a different kind of discussion about the opioid crisis.
We’ll be digging deep and asking some difficult questions to uncover the real causes of this crisis and evaluate potential solutions for Ohio communities.
Ohio University Health Policy Professor Daniel Skinner will provide a framework for understanding addiction policy and will lead a panel of health, policy, and community experts to address questions like
- How does bias—about addiction, race, and beyond—enter into the drug addiction conversation?
- What is it about Ohio that has made us ground zero in the crisis?
- What are the political dynamics of the opioid crisis? Do we have the will to do what we need to do?
- Is this a local, state, or federal issue?
- What is the one thing you think is essential to do that no one is talking about and might even be hard to discuss in public?
Date: Sunday, October 22
Time: 1:00–3:00 p.m.
Location: Norwich Township Building, 5181 Northwest Pkwy, Hilliard, OH (map)
We’ll be updating our panelist line-up on our Facebook event. Please bring your questions!